Follow the steps below to learn how to create payment plans in your programs!
Enable Payment Plans
Create a Payment Plan
Payment Plan Tips and Rules
Enable Payment Plans
1. Choose Settings > Registration Options.
To enable Payment Plans for a program or sub-program:
2. Scroll to the bottom, and toggle "Enable Payment Plans" on.
3. Click "Save Options & go to Payment Plans".
Once you have enabled Payment Plans, "Payment Plans" will now be it's own item in the program's "Settings" drop down.
Create a Payment Plan
1. A name for this payment plan.
Once you are on the Payment Plans page, click Create One. For each payment plan, you will need to determine:
2. The type of role (free agent, team player) this plan is for.
3. This plan's initial payment deadlines
4. Auto Pay preferences (see Auto Pay section below)
5. If this is a private payment plan. If private, create a code and choose this plan's redemption limit
6. Processing fees, automatic reminder timing, and follow up reminder timing
Enabling "Require Auto Pay enrollment" will require registrants to store a credit card on their account, AND agree to have future installments on this plan automatically charged to the stored credit card.
- Enabling or disabling this setting will only affect new registrants moving forward.
- With this setting enabled, invoices being paid under this payment plan will be unable to turn off Auto Pay for this plan. Any changes a user makes to their account's Auto Pay settings will NOT affect their payments for this plan.
- For example, if the minimum partial payment amount is set to $100, a user will be required to make at least a $100 payment towards their next installment, even if the next installment is $200.
- After making a partial payment, the remaining difference will show on the installment
You can also choose to "Combine Past Due Amounts with the Next Upcoming Installment".
- This setting is OFF by default. With this setting enabled, an unpaid installment will be added to the next upcoming installment, if the next upcoming installment is within X days. For example:
- The amount of days is set to 10, I have an unpaid installment from March 15th, and my next upcoming installment is April 15th. On April 5th (10 days before April 15th), my unpaid installment's amount will be added to the next upcoming installment.
Clicking "Add an installment" will show a popup that lets you set the installment amount, due date and optional processing fee. NOTE: installment due dates must be in the future.
Once your installments are created, you'll see a list of installments which you can edit or delete after creating. NOTE: when you edit or delete an installment that change will only affect FUTURE registrations to the payment plan. It will not update for the participants already registered to this payment plan.
This is what your payment plan will look like to registrants once they're created!
- Payment plans are only available / applied to participants who register after a payment plan has been created. I.E. if a player registers before you have created payment plans, you cannot apply a payment plan after they have already registered. Because of this, we highly suggest that you create your payment plans before you open up your registration for the season!
- When creating a payment plan, the following rules apply:
- Dates for added installments must be in the future.
- Any changes to installment dates or amounts are ONLY applied to registrations that occur in the future. This means that previously registered participants will be assigned the payment plan (and associated installment plan schedule/amounts) that was selected when they registered. The invoice tied to a specific person’s payment plan CAN be modified (just as you can with any other invoice). When this modification occurs, an increase in amount is added to the last installment; a decrease is subtracted from last/later installments.
- Discount codes are applied to payment plans evenly across all installments.
- Copying a program using the Copy a Program tool gives you the option to copy the payment plan from the original program to the new program. You'll be given the option to shift the installment dates to the future when you copy the program based on the new dates of the program. Or you can keep the installments as they were.