We understand that payment issues can be complicated. Whether it's for a player who decided not to play after paying, or for someone who overpaid for a program, refunds can be issued on any invoice across your programs. A refund, however, is different from a void. Be sure to check out this help article about voiding an invoice.
Locate the invoice you want to refund
- Head to the specific program you want to refund an invoice for.
- Go to People > Players for participant invoices OR People > Staff for staff invoices.
You can enter a program participant's invoice by clicking the link under the 'Payment' column (Paid, Unpaid, or Partial Payment).
OR go to "Manage > Financial > Invoices" to view all of your organization's invoices. Locate the invoice you wish to refund using the search tools. Click on the Invoice #.
Issue RefundClick the Issue Refund button at the top of the invoice page to issue a refund.
The "Refund Amount" will automatically match what has been paid on the invoice, but this amount CAN be changed to a lower amount if you wish.
Add a note and click Submit.
The refund will be issued to the credit card used to make the payment.
1) Why isn't the "Issue Refund" button showing on an invoice?
- The "Issue Refund" button is displayed only when a transaction has gone through on an invoice. If a player has not paid any of the balance, there will be no option to issue a refund. Instead, you have the option Void Invoice (help article linked)
No "Issue Refund" button because no payment has been made.
2) Is there a deadline for issuing refunds? (IMPORTANT)
- Yes! The deadlines to a issue a refund are as follows:
- LeagueApps Gateway: 60 days
- Stripe: 60 days
- PayPal: 60 days
- Authorize.net: 120 days
- Yes, EXCEPT if you use Authorize.net! If you use Authorize.net as your payment gateway, you will have to wait until the end of the following business day to issue a refund for a payment.
4) I recently switched payment gateways. How can I issue a refund for a payment made on my previous gateway?
- If you have switched gateways and need to issue a refund on a payment mad on your old gateway, you will have to either login to that gateway outside of LeagueApps and issue the refund there, OR issue the refund offline.
Payment Plans Invoice Management
How to Bulk Invoice
If you have any questions regarding refunds, feel free to use our help lines:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: 1-888-208-0210
- Live Chat (if available)