Updating Game Results & ScoresGame results are entered in the manager console, directly on the program's schedule page. Next to each game, you'll notice a little "trophy" icon. Click this in order to edit game results. OR, you can allow your team captains to edit scores for their games. Find out how to Edit Your Scorekeeper Settings.
When entering results, you can provide the score (points for each team) as well as game outcome. There are a few different game outcomes to choose, explained here:
- Final: This is the standard game outcome, used when the game was played to completion.
- Final (OT): The game was completed in overtime, which factors into standings tabulation.
- Cancelled: The game was cancelled, and no score is entered.
- Rescheduled: This triggers a separate control to enter a new date/time for the game.
- Forfeit: This outcome allows you to specify which team "won" the unplayed game.
Once you enter results, they are immediately reflected on the schedule views for your members to see. Also, standings are automatically retabulated based on the new results entered.
Updating StandingsWhen you enter or edit results for any game on a schedule, the standings are automatically retabulated. There is nothing more required in order to have the new standings published.
Standings are tabulated based on a set of rules that you can control. Also, you can control which fields to include in your standings table. For information about customizing your standings rules, see Customizing Standings Rules.