(If you would like Member Merge enabled for your site, please contact email@example.com)
When a merge occurs, the Primary Member remains, and the primary member’s details are applied to the deleted Secondary Member’s Registration and Invoice histories.
Example Use Cases:
1) A Parent or Adult forgets his username, so he creates a second Member Profile using a different email. He then wants to consolidate the two accounts into one.
2) Two parents each create a Member Profile for one child and then want to consolidate the two duplicate child accounts into one.
3) When a partner can’t see an invoice on the user dashboard, the user may have duplicate accounts - merge the two accounts.
The Admin must select which duplicate member is the Primary Member (account that will remain active) and the Secondary Member (account that will be deleted.) The Primary Member should be the member with the most up to date Member Profile information.
Finding Potential Merges:
Potential merges are found by looking for identical First Name / Last Name and Birthdate values. Matching birthdates are not required and case sensitivity does not matter. The following scenarios will be identified as matches:
Allowed User Types:
You are only allowed to merge users of the same user type. The user types in LeagueApps are ADULT, CHILD and ORPHAN. The ‘MERGE’ button will be hidden if the Member Types don’t match.
- Clicking the Merge button will Merge the Duplicate Member into the Primary Member.
- The Use as Primary button will switch the Duplicate Member to be the Primary Member.
You can only merge parents of family accounts IF the secondary account does not have child accounts within the family account. In order to merge parents of a family account you need to do the following:
2) Merge the secondary child accounts into the primary child accounts (at this step the primary children should still be apart of their family account).
3) Lastly, merge the secondary parent account into the primary parent account.
What Happens Post Merge:
- The Secondary User's registration and invoice histories are updated with the Primary User's Member Details.
- The Duplicate or 'Secondary Member' is deleted from the site and this is NOT reversible.
- The Duplicate or ‘Secondary Member’ details (such as phone number, email, etc.) are NOT merged into the Primary Member.
- Participants in the same program will cause an error.
- Staff in the same program on the same team will cause an error.
- Staff on different teams will be successful.
- In all success cases, the merged user will no longer be in the previous program.