Many organizations offer coupons and promotional discounts for their members. You can support such promotions by creating Discount Codes through LeagueApps.
Types of Discount Codes
You can create two types of discount codes:
- Universal discount codes apply to ANY program. Go to “Manage > Discount Codes” to manage these.
- Program-specific discount codes apply to ONLY a single program. Under the “Manage” tab, go to a specific program, and then in that program’s context menu, hover over the “Settings” tab to see the “Discount Codes” option.
Creating Discount Codes
When creating a discount code, the most important properties are the following:
- Code: This is the actual code that registrants will enter into the registration form in order to redeem the discount. You will need to send this code to those people receiving the discount.
- Value & Unit: This is the dollar amount or percentage of the discount you are offering. For example, a discount may be for $5 off, or it may be for 10% off.
- Redemption Limit: This optional property allows you to specify the maximum number of times the discount code can be redeemed. For example, if you set this to 10, then only 10 discounts will be applied.
- Expiration Date: This optional property allows you to set a deadline date after which the discount code can no longer be redeemed.
Once you create a new discount code, it is immediately live and redeemable.
Discount Code Functionality
Once you’ve created a new discount code, you can distribute the “code” to desired people. Go to the appropriate discount codes listings page (universal or program-specific), and “copy” the code. You can then email this “code” to people or include it in marketing materials.
People can redeem discount codes during the registration process. The program registration page includes a discount code entry box if there are any live codes tied to that program. As people redeem each discount code, you can see the redemption count in the console, on the listing view (mentioned above).
Discount codes are automatically discontinued once the defined limit is reached: either maximum number of redemptions and/or the expiration date has passed. If you want to manually discontinue a discount code before the natural limit is reached, you can edit the properties and retro-set the expiration date or redemption limit.
Discount codes can be tracked through the Registration Reports. You can extract a registration report and see which registrants redeemed a discount code. The CSV report includes a 'Discount Code' column with the date of when the discount code was redeemed. Click here to learn more about Program Registration Reports.
You can exclude specific programs from taking universal discount codes. Each program has a setting in the Registration Options that allows it to be opted out of universal discount codes.
NOTICE: Click here to see this short instructional video on how to set up and use discount codes on your LeagueApps account.
Discount Codes with Payment PlansIf you are setting up payment plans for your programs, discount codes can be applied across all installments. (Click here for more information about Payment Plans).
Here's an example of how it works:
- You have a payment plan of $1000 over 4 installments
- The parent or registrant redeems the discount code on the first payment installment
- That parent/registrant would get $25 discounted off each installment
- Instead of that parent/registrant paying $250 4 times, they would now be paying $225 4 times